EV Driver Privacy Notice
EV Driver Ltd take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal data to administer your account and the services you have requested from us.
This Data Privacy Notice relates to the personal information collected on the following:
a) End Customer; individuals who sign up for and use our charge app to charge their electric vehicles.
b) Client; businesses that lease or buy charge points from us.
c) Supplier; businesses that supply us with products and services.
d) Employee; individual prospect and hires by EV Driver Ltd.
1. What lawful bases do we comply to for data processing under the GDPR?
We comply to the Consent & Contract bases set out in Article 6 of the GDPR. 2. What personal information is collected?
EV Driver Ltd collects some “personal data” about you whilst carrying out its business in relation to the use of and payment for electric vehicle charging services, this is explained in more detail below.
Your personal data (information which relates to you) and can identify you as an individual, either on its own or if combined with other information EV Driver Ltd holds. This includes:
- Full name;
- Personal / business address;
- Contact telephone number(s), email addresses;
- Notes and documents on your communications with us.
- Payment information via encrypted payment systems.
- Your vehicle’s make, model, year and vehicle registration number;
- If you are at a charge station we may need to record your location, time and date.
- Charge time, duration, energy use and transaction value if you are charging your vehicle.
3. How is my personal data collected and used?
EV Driver Ltd collects your personal data to establish and manage the services it provides to you. EV Driver Ltd may collect your personal data through details submitted via EV Driver Ltd’s website, the EV Driver app, in person, over the telephone or email as you use our services.
EV Driver Ltd may process your personal data for the following reasons:
- To set-up and administer payment terms, including dealing with collection of payments or settling of accounts.
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and other governance bodies.
- News and marketing; you will always have the option to opt out.
- Anonymous data for research and statistical analysis. End Customer;
- To set up and log-in to your account on our EV Driver app.
- To send you a RFID fob; address details can be removed upon request.
- Providing you with your charge history.
- Anonymous data for billing charge providers.
Clients & Supplier;
- Response to enquiries, conversations and quotes.
- Agreement of contracts
4. Who will see my personal information?
Your personal data will only be used for the above stated purposes by relevant staff within EV Driver Ltd and by those who support them in their roles. Some information will also be made available to our authorised technical service providers, to enable them to perform certain services on our behalf eg providing IT support and maintenance.
- EV Driver App is provided by Fortum Charge & Drive
To correspond in response to your enquiries.
- To communicate essential information and updates to you.
- All sensitive data is encrypted via Stripe, Paypal and Worldpay, the last 4 digits and credit/debit card expiry are collected by the EV Driver app.
EV Driver Ltd may also need to disclose your personal data if requested
- In response to a court order, a request for cooperation from a legal enforcement agency or other government body; to establish its legal rights. To defend a legal claim or as required or permitted by law and/or regulation.
- If EV Driver Ltd believes that appropriate disclosure is required in connection with an investigation, to prevent, or act regarding illegal activity, fraud, or wrongdoing.
- To defend and protect the rights, property and safety of EV Driver Ltd, its customers, staff, suppliers or others; to comply with applicable law.
- If EV Driver Ltd is sold or sells any of its business or assets.
5. You have the right to review and amend personal data
As an individual, this is your data and you have the right to review it, to be certain we have accurate information about you. If you wish to check or notify us of a change in your details, please use the ‘contact us’ section below.
If you make a request to review a copy of your personal data, EV Driver Ltd is permitted to charge you a nominal sum to cover some of its admin costs in responding to any such request. EV Driver Ltd will also require proof of identity from any person making such a request.
You can help us to ensure that your personal data is accurate by supplying up to date contact details to EV Driver Ltd as soon as reasonably possible. EV Driver Ltd will update and correct inaccurate personal data as soon as reasonably possible.
If you have a question about the use of your personal data, or wish to file a complaint, please contact us using the below information.
EV Driver Ltd takes security very seriously and takes administrative, technical and physical measures to protect your personal data against loss, theft and misuse, as well as against unauthorised access and disclosure.
Our analytics are provided by Google Analytics and contain anonymous data.
Our mail-list is managed by Mailchimp containing names and email addresses.
QuickBooks Accounting software is used for invoicing and accounts.
Office 365 provides our email and admin facilities.
IT support is provided by Lucid IT.
7. Data Retention
Specific legal requirements may require EV Driver Ltd to retain your personal data during transactions and for a period of 7 years afterwards. i.e. tax and accounting information, to deal with queries and for risk management purposes.
All Employee data is deleted on termination of contract or close of communication with prospect.
8. Changes to this Data Privacy Notice
EV Driver Ltd may make changes to this Data Privacy Notice from time to time. Only where a material change to its terms, or where EV Driver Ltd proposes completely new uses of your personal data, EV Driver Ltd will contact you in advance to ask you about any such changes.
9. Contact Us
If you have any concerns about the use of your personal data by EV Driver Ltd please contact us by email on [email protected] or in writing to: EV Driver Ltd, Unit 1 Riduna Business Park, Melton, Suffolk IP12 1QT.
If you wish to request us to remove your data from EV Driver Ltd or our 3rd party systems, please contact us by email on [email protected] or in writing to: EV Driver Ltd, Unit 1 Riduna Business Park, Melton, Suffolk IP12 1QT. Stating ‘DELETE ME’ in the subject line and specify the accounts you wish to be removed from.